We are pleased to announce that St Emilie’s Catholic Primary School has been selected to be involved with the Golder Associates ‘Schools Water Education Program’.
The following materials and equipment will be donated and offered by Golder:
- 1 x YSI Water Quality Meter (measures pH, EC, TDS, temp, dissolved oxygen)
- 1 x Surface Water Sampler (extendable length)
- A visit from two Golder scientists/water engineers
- A presentation on lakes/wetlands, their importance to the environment and threats facing these water bodies
- A guided lesson on using the provided equipment and a job hazard/controls identification process
- Ongoing support with data interpretation over at least a 12 month period
This will be a wonderful opportunity for our students as we will be monitoring the water quality at Cromarty Gardens Reserve and sharing our findings with the local community.
We look forward to sharing more with you about this journey.