STEM is an approach to learning and development that integrates the areas of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
Through STEM, students develop key skills including:
- Click on the link above.
- 2. Click on the + zoom tab to 100%
- Enjoy checking out some of the many wonderful sites for families to access for free!
- Have fun!
EARLY CHILDHOOD RESOURCE HUB (ECRH)
- Early Childhood resourcesTeachers and parents can use this page to search for Early Childhood resources that cover a wide variety of topics.
- Early Childhood Resource Hub newsletterRead the latest news about the Early Childhood Resource Hub and the Early Childhood sector, leave comments for discussion and subscribe to receive future newsletters.
- Surviving in a time of uncertaintyThis newsletter contains resources that can used at home with children, along with links to government advice and support.
EARLY LEARNING LANGUAGES AUSTRALIA (ELLA)
- Everyday ELLA ideas for celebrationsParents can use this resource to introduce their children to some celebrations from around the world.
- Everyday ELLA ideas for cookingParents can use this resource at home to spark inspiration in the kitchen and in the minds of children by introducing foods from a variety of cultures.
- Everyday ELLA ideas for countingParents can use this resource to encourage language learning and maths for children through everyday counting activities that make learning fun.
- Everyday ELLA ideas for making artParents can use this resource to introduce children to other cultures and countries by creating art at home.
- Everyday ELLA ideas for readingParents can use this resource to help choose culturally diverse books to read at home with their children.
- Career exploration at home during COVID-19Find an array of career education resources that have been designed to support teachers, parents and students and their learning communities during the COVID-19 crisis and beyond.
GIRLS IN STEM TOOLKIT (THE GIST)
- Inspire a love for STEMThese resources have been handpicked for girls to inspire them to pursue an interest in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics).
- STEM PodcastsIf you’re a student interested in STEM, the GiST shares some of their favourite podcasts run by women doing amazing things in STEM fields.
- At home STEM activitiesThese Fun DIY activities can be done at home to encourage girls to become more interested in STEM.
- Start your STEM career quiz nowThe STEM career quiz helps students to find subjects and careers that match their interests. Students can also learn more about jobs, industry growth prospects, average weekly pay, and more.
- STEM Careers A-ZHere you’ll find the A–Z of careers and jobs in the big wide world of STEM.
- What will the jobs of the future look like?The GiST asked a group of STEM experts to predict what the jobs of the future might look like.